I understand the old issues... I have looked for solutions for years... we could eventually sort through these issues and change the current system...

I am puzzled what to do about this mission statement. This is a radical new challenge. Truly a good use of the word "transform"

"Transform the U.S. Multihull Championship into the most relevant multihull event in the United States, one that will attract new and upcoming sailors, who will form the nucleus of future US Olympic sailors."

We have juniors who have access to the Hobie 16. We have juniors who have access to F16's. And we don't have all that many of these guys.. So, we need to recruit from dinghy sailors from Yacht Clubs and dinghy sailors who graduate from college.

When you opt for "Olympic pathway"... you are now looking at double handed spin boat championships.

When you say "relevant" the USSA championship could be viewed as part of the US regatta series that leads to signature US event, the ISAF Grade I ... Miami International OCR regatta.

Perhaps you have a US championship in Miami the week before the Miami OCR's that draw in the mixed multihll international teams along with US Sailors... (juniors and all male teams racing in the one design format of the mixed mulithull class)

When you highlight "up and coming"... The petition slots, formerly used to promote "elite" will need to be used to recruit college sailors. Perhaps 1/2 of those petition slots are used to suck in college All Americans who give the cats a try.

Just speculating here.... (this is a mind bender)

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 02/17/12 04:04 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com