Originally Posted by catandahalf
Firstly: Let us award Mike, Shannon Bush, Liz Walker, and Jack Geirhart a ton of THANK YOUs for their tireless hours of effort and 'brain strain' in hopes of demonstrating a 'base - up' stlye of Leadership for the catamaran sailors across the Nation. In that regard, I not only say "Congratulations are in order" for them, but I wish to share with this audience something I learned during my journies to Hawai'i that serves as a fine analogy for this pivotal moment in our history.

"Lokahi is mind, body, and soul. To just strengthen your physical self is not enough. To strengthen yourself mentally is not enough. To strengthen yourself spiritually is not enough. To strengthen yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually is Lokahi." Buffalo Keaulana

This philosophy supports the "Ohana," the family. The Hawai'ian culture is based on self - reliance, love, and respect for others in their 'family' Ohana.

May we work together to write this new chapter for multihull sailing in our Free Nation, the United States of America.

Bert Rice, Multihull Championship Committee Chair

If "working together" means taking everyone's opinion from the surveys and crafting a format by the percentage of desires for certain things , then good onya. If "working together" means reading the surveys and then doing what some non-multihull sailor involved with US Sailing wants to do, then why waste everyone's time with the lip service. The trend I see with all of these comments is that the problem is not with the sailors, or the volunteers on the multihull committee, but with US Sailing itself. So it seems the best way to achieve the mission statement would be to not use the words US Sailing in the promotion of the Alter Cup. I thank the Multihull committee for what they do, but detest US Sailing as a whole, and don't think I'm alone. I find it strange how so many people think this and the Olympics is so important to "developing" our sport when in reality 99% of us will never go to an Alter Cup or the Olympics.
There are a whole lot more effective and efficient ways to get people sailing cats.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White