I don't have an agenda, Mark, other than to push back against the notion that the event was a failure. You state flatly that the core mission was to benefit US Sailing, but I am certain that isn't what the volunteers believed was foremost. The mission was defined by the people that put the event on each year, and as Mike guesses, that mission evolved a bit over time as committee members came and went. But it seemed to me, for the time I was involved, to be grounded in the idea of producing a level playing field for the finals. You seem to think me, Jake and Dave are somehow in collusion - the only thing we all had in common was that we were chair of the adult event. We all three brought different ideas to the table, did our thing and moved on. We haven't even really discussed the current state of affairs, as we have each taken our turn and stepped aside. I don't remember you being there. I recall you vociferously declining the Area Rep position for several years.

Further, I didn't propose anything - I think what we had succeeded. But what we had isn't currently possible. Folks are looking for a way forward and that is fine. I'm sincerely glad for that and share in the hail for kudos.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.