ou state flatly that the core mission was to benefit US Sailing

MEMBERS!!! .... Its a MEMBERS BENEFIT...that they don't appreciate or want it. ..

We have had these debates 5 years ago.... the members did not want the benefit then...

I decline the Area Rep job because I don't have ANY support for delivering this member benefit. Mark S moved on... I had no choice. I did my best to run all flavors of this Area championship..... the dog won't eat it. I have a place holder event in place for this year which requires a minimal commitment on the YC part.

You make the case for the ultimate in one design regattas, an absolutely level playing field for the US Sailing championships... My area is hyper one design with A cats, Hobie 16, 17 and 18's having very active one design racing.... THEY DON'T WANT IT ... they don't buy the Ultimate one design championship regatta with level playing field as important. You needed another angle.... or better disciples who would have spread the message about the championship.

No matter how successful the championship regatta was for all those who put it on and competed.... the fact is...the membership support was declining. It's not personal or a reflection on the people who run the championship... it's just a reality.

You think the the event succeed.. The water part is only half the game and the event has been loosing support for years. I draw a different conclusion as to it's success.

So, maybe a change in format will get more support... I told you privately at least 5 years ago... without the one design classes getting fully behind the USSA championships that they would struggle getting rank and file support. The same story pertains now.. without the one design classes supporting a new model for the championship... they will crater again.

You don't have the agenda of supporting the current format and think it was successful ???

crac.sailregattas.com