Originally Posted by macca
Franck,

Nobody is confused that you are against paint and even more so, you are against sail-innovation.

In the previous pages in this thread you have been presented with clear information that there are no performance advantages or cost increases with paint, yet you simply ignore it.

I can only hope that the French class members are aware of your misuse of your voting position and they act accordingly.

Andrew, sorry to say this: here you're wrong. Please, again; stay in ideas field.

I'm not against sail innovation. Believe it or not, it's not a big deal.

More than this, find a word of me which show that my very own opinion is against paint... The game was not only to present facts different (or in response) than yours.

In this thread you find that a lot of F18 sailors asking for informations. So, I just talk about and explain what did happen. As you see the theme (rules changed) is not only about paint.

You give your vision as you work now for sail-innovation as sales-manager (http://www.sail-innovation.com/racing-team/), at least I did a complementary chapter.
2 exposed differents points of view are a good way to make people mind.
I believe that TC and WC work deserved that. I hope I did it correctly whith my poor english.

About weight issue (large sails from 140 to 130 kg) I was against, because I think that is not in favour of the majority of people (getting older and fatter like me) and favorised skinny people and some silly diet.

With French team we organise the vote. Every part express themselves. A majority come for this change of the rule. So in the WC I vote for... even if I don't change my mind.
But I respect French members vote when I'm representing them.
It's a running joke with my son (135 kg with his crew on a Tiger and large jib & spi).

On paint, no new rule or rule changing indeed. There is no consensus in TC on this point, for WC it was only a clarification of the text beyond many. And this clarification is interpreted now by ISAF.

Again the story is not finished there is a rule changing process, go for it !