Andrew, as old man I can say that 2005 is not F18 day one... I notice you have changed your version in your different posts...

Existing painted boat, are not a clue. Are they refurb or not, because refurbish are allowed for maintenance routine...that doesn't mean it was allowed to build paint boat.

Indeed it is a very strange idea you're defending.
You can drive with speed over the limit, it doesn't mean it is allowed to do so.

For the process, just read november 2011 World Council minutes. Clarification of the rules on this very particular point has been voted: " The hull shells shall have an external gelcoat finish. "

You contest (loudly) the vote of the WC of november (by the way 10 nations and 74% of worldwide F18 members)
and appeal to ISAF to interpretation.

Last week, ISAF confirmed in 3 different documents (http://www.sailing.org/2129.php) what the WC voted and make a wording in accordance whith ISAF rules. Indeed that is not big deal.

ISAF never ruled that all gelcoat F18 were illegal... just read the interpretations (in my previous post) and make difference between wording of the 2 questions.

All of that is ok with our constitution (A.7), as I mentionned it's a team work.
I understand the result is upseting you.

Now you challenged me with a protest in next Eurocat.

First, you just forget that I'm not the MNA's measurer of this regatta.
I'm so sorry but, may be you will waste your time in protest-room, but it will be without me.

For me, Eurocat is a full fun regatta, so I prefer beer after racing on the water.
You're not class legal, that's your problem there. May be you should understand that I don't care.
I'll read on the official panel the results of all protest and kidding my poor friends OCS or BFD (or they will laugh upon me, it depends).

I'm not jury, just explaining here what is the decision process, because:
-it has to be explained, I agree it's not easy at the first time
-only one sound is not enough to have his own opinion (which I do respect whatever it is),
-your speech is very negative for F18 and by the way for your own business and market.

You want to challenge the rule, go for it !
For me it would be smarter to understand that you can change it, if a majority of F18 members, agree of course.
F18 rules are ours !

In the same time, Eurocat, is very important for commercial interest.
So, may be, your challenge will make sense for others brand representative, just read F18 Technical Comittee report to see that there is no consensus: http://tinyurl.com/7u5gmhy

Obviously you're present affirmation/challenge sounds in contradiction with the web site of your brand which is offering choice between paint or gel coat finish...
As a F18 customer I think it's pretty interesting smile
I'm ready to pay a little more to eliminated a potential protest in a very high sport event.

So I have a more interesting challenge to put my money: the price of any gel-coated F18 will be similar, as they are on the market.
Thanks to "FORMULA 18 CLASS RULES GUIDING PRINCIPLES:"

Being open to any manufacturer allows many builders and sail makers to compete and so keep costs to a minimum.
The Class remains aware to keeping development under control, maintaining a good balance between cost and performance."