Originally Posted by Karl Funk
Franck -

As a non-"pro" I can tell you I have recently purchased my first F18. It is a 2007 Nacra Infusion. I plan on possibly buying another F18 next season. Undecided on the model.

Thanks to you I am actually thinking about not bothering with this class at all.

Perhaps it is no more than a language barrier - but NO ONE here is impressed with your rants. You are, as we say in my language, "digging a hole".

Cheers,
Karl Funk

This is actually the most touching post, I'v been reading there.
If you do so, for you, I'm sad.

I take this long time to explain a complicate process, in a long term trend.
The only goal is to have a more fun and stronger F18 class.

As this decision is upsetting some builders this thread became far too serious.
Here please pardon my obstination and my poor english, is to give another sound.

Most of people don't give a penny for this issue. They're right. It's boring, not fun and so on.

But all certified F18 sold can race (now the rule is clarified and the already painted F18 can have derogation). No F18 is banned.

And please notice that: the rule can be changed with a vote process and one year delay notice.
Here is the key point to maintain fait competition between builders. They can adapt their process to the new rules.
So the start line is open at the same moment for every builders.

Indeed there is a very simple way to prevent this kind of situation.
If a buider want to make F18 with a "brand new process" or service.
The builder/sail maker ask if the rules allow that before.
TC can answer, or if there is no consensus, WC can make a clarification.
It works ! And in this kind of move shows respect to F18 community.

That's why I propose a certificate of compliance from builders, given with the bill, before F18 certification that transform a 18 feet cats in Formula 18.