At the Multihull Racing Committee meeting in the fall, the need for a centralized scheduling tool was mentioned. Jeff Dusek volunteered to help set this up, but as mentioned above (by several of you in different ways), populating and then doing something meaningful with the tool falls on the local organizations.

Rick has tried to provide such tools here in the past, and sometimes they are used for a while, then dropped; other times they aren't used at all. And, I'm just talking about populating the data, not using it to drive decisions.

Getting regatta organizers within a single class to work together not to step on one another is hard enough; getting organizers of different classes to work together has proven to be a tough nut to crack.

I think Ding is right in the sense that unless we change something about how we approach this, it's going to be survival of the fittest. My thought is, how could SF not be one of the fittest, and what can we do to ensure that we don't lose that regatta forever?

I'm in favor of anything that will improve the situation.

Mike

Last edited by brucat; 03/27/14 12:06 PM.