Originally Posted by macca

And for you to state that the quality control of the facilities where AHPC build their boats is not as good as a home/small builder clearly shows you have the Gordon Brown disease... I have personally visited both locations where AHPC build hulls and I can say that both companies build a top class product that rates up there with the very best in the world. I presume you haven't visited said factories??? No, didn't think so...

Macca, never have I said that AHPC makes a poor product, from the one I have seen in the flesh, the cosmetic finish and layout is very good. From reading in the press, it is a fast well made boat and in my view caters for the 2 up light weight market. Great market strategy and will sell plenty of boats. Good on them and long may they sell plenty. Incidently does anybody know of what the latest Viper hull number is, some of you have recieved one of the later ones in Europe recently.

As to visiting their two production facilities, sorry no. The only composite factory I have visited was a top glider manufacturer where the layup men are given a computer calculated amount of foam, glass and epoxy and told to build x component. Nothing left over, nothing wasted and no excess weight. Not sure whether the boat builders do the same.

Macca you really need to talk to AHPC as doing what you are doing in having constant pop shots at the F16 class using the Viper as the case in point, is building up a head of steam against the Viper, In the long term it will not do AHPC much good as far as sales go. Its much better to be a part of a larger market than to try and establish a niche market for your product. Perhaps contact Gregg and Brett and discuss a joint strategy for furthering their long term company aims.