To go back to the original question.... I have not read any emotions in Macca's (Andrew's) comments (towards the F16 as a class) thus far. They all appear quite sensible, coming from someone who has vast experience in sailing cats and whatever comes with it.

I have been following this forum for about two years now, and frankly, the emotive and insinuating comments I have read have come from so called 'hard core' F16 forum clubbers, and you guys do not make joining your fleet a very appealing proposition (you may actually be quite different in real life....). The example of starting a discussion with this title is just telling....

I AM very interested in buying a F16 (-like) cat and sail it with my wife and kids, including racing. I have been sailing the Cap for three years and love (the quality of) the product. Now that AHPC appears to have established a serieus dealership in Europe, I think it's about time to trade in my Cap (if that's an option).

Oh, and that does not mean I have given up on F18 sailing (before we get that discussion started again).

I am surely stepping on a few toes here, such is life. But I thought it would be useful for some of you to get some 'outside' feedback to the ranting that seems to go on and on here on this forum.