I didn't want to announce this yet but it seems it's time, as you will find out next week anyway when you trip over it.

I've been secretly working with some guys out at the Lockheed Skunk Works, they are building me a minimum wt. F16 out of all the lastest aerospace fibers. As an added bonus, it's invisible. That's right, you can't see it, or the sails, which will make it a bitch to measure.

I'm taking the "Stealth" thing to a whole new level. When you see me go by you, it'll look like I'm kite sailing, but no kite, or board. In reality I'll be on my invisible Skunk Works boat, the SW F16! I think I'll call it "The Little Stinker". Hey, what's that smell? That's me baby! Bowin' by you so fast I need to change my underware!

And when you are walking up the beach, do NOT trip over the hulls. Sure, it will look like my empty set of beach wheels, but in fact it will be my new boat! Stay away, far away. I wish I could tell you more about it, but then I'd have to kill you.

Now, here's the best part. After I pay these Lockheed guys $1.2 Million to build my Little Stinker, I can win the...what?

The F16 N/A's?

The GC?

So what? What does that get me? Is there a cash prize? Can I get Lockheed to sponsor me? Maybe they'll make me a dealer? I'll bet as soon as I win the N/A's the orders will be flowing! Maybe I can quit my day job and just Sail for a living! Whoo Hoo, look at me now baby!

Anyone who thinks they are going to spend a bunch of money to build up the -ultimate- F16 and then beat some of the better sailors in this class, is smoking crack...or should be. And why would they do that? What is the big "Payoff"? Same goes for changing the rules, why would you want to do that unless there is some monetary reward?

So you are the F16 Galactic Champion. So what? Who cares? Anyone?

We don't even have a cat in the Olympics anymore, so who cares what you won, once, on your super cat? I really don't see that as a credible threat to the class.

All the Unobtainium in the world won't make up for a bad start, a blown tack, or a slow douse. Concentrate on sailing, let the tweakers tweak to their heart's content, and let's see what works. Some day maybe carbon will be cheaper and we can all get new masts and beams. Until then, the F16 rules are as they are for a reason. The best sailors are still going to win most of the races, no matter what they are on. A few kilo's one way or the other won't change that.

Let it go.

And don't back up, that could be my new boat right behind you...

Blade F16