Originally Posted by Tornado_ALIVE

I am not saying lift the weight to 130 to meet the Viper weight
Noted.

Originally Posted by Tornado_ALIVE

...lift it to 115 to help meet the Blade and Falcon's weight comfortably.

I can't speak for the class, and I'm assuming this has been discussed to death already (sorry I haven't been around much in a very long time), but I believe the general thinking is that any actual performance impact of those few kg is very small relative to other factors that we choose not to equalize such as crew weight and boat design as well as sailor performance. While setting the minimum weight a little above (someone's) factory weight as you suggest may be a common approach in other classes and could *in theory* enhance equalization a little, the magnitude of the practical benefit relative to those other factors is questionable while the cost of doing so is that it also reduces the motivation for some avenues of innovation. I think it's fair to say that philosophically the class prefers to remain open to a broader range of innovation than some other classes and places a higher value on this than absolute equalization of factors for mainly theoretical reasons. Of course not everyone in the sailing world will share this philosophy, which is part of why we have a lot of different classes.