Don't stop this discussion now - it's my daily cheap entertainment!

A couple of comments though from an outsider who is unlikely to ever sail an F16.
Some brief comparisons have been made with A's in terms of both weight and cost. I have some knowledge in that area and don't believe the comparisons to be very useful. A's are long established in the market (late 1960's) and attract committed racers who are prepared to try different things almost without regard to cost. They are viewed as a premium product, usually with the best fittings and components, and the build labour is expensive. This is because of not only expensive materials such as carbon but mainly the expertise and time required to build hulls to the tolerences and strength to get down to the weight. F16's on the other hand are new to the market and are price sensitive to attract new sailors or convince those from other classes to make the change.
A heavier A for example by 20kg would sell no boats as it would impact greatly on performance. An increase of 20kg for an F16 has much less impact because it changes it's upwind speed little and downwind it, unlike an A, more than doubles it's sail area downwind. In the case of the Viper the extra weight seems to have gone to stiffer beams and bigger volume hulls. These factors probably at least compensate for the extra weight. AHPC have been able to keep the cost down and provide better performance by utilising some common parts with the F18. Sounds like a win/win to me.
Getting AHPC involved with F16 seems to me to be a good thing for them and the class. As a medium sized builder they can generate exposure all over the world unlike the others who seemed to be only able to sell boats in their own region. I can't speak for other place but in Australia it is still a relatively rare thing to see an F16 at a regatta. With the Viper and if other large manufacturers get involved that should change.
Good luck - it's a fine concept and will hopefully get more people on the water.
I have no affiliation with AHPC other than being a satisfied customer for the last 28 years.
BTW Brett, I'm sure HJS is glad you agree with her.............