Originally Posted by Wouter

In fact, we have actually PROVEN that our vision is the right one.

F16's, superior boats for less money !

Wouter

Is that actually translating into sales of boats? Wildcat is EUR3,865 more than a Viper, but on the front page of Sailing Anarchy today is the following:

The F-18 catamaran class continues its wicked ways, with new boat and sail designs popping up everywhere, and consistently big fleets popping up seemingly everywhere. From the SA-Europe desk of John Casey comes this short report:

Last week was a special one at Hobie Cat Holland. 15 new Wildcats came in just in time for the sailing season to start, and more are on the way. Almost all of the trade-ins were sold as well. The racing F18 fleet in the Netherlands should grow by heaps this year. We’ll see, as last year there were a steady 50 cats on the line for every regatta. A Dragoon and more Hobie 16s came in as well. My sports trainer and best friend, Rob Topper, always told me, “Never worry about how much you spend on the sport you love.”

Moths are one helluva expensive boat at USD21,500, but they can't build them quick enough with a waiting list of at least 3 months and orders coming from around the globe.

I am not seeing the these type of numbers being reported in the F16 class. This is probably where the discussion point should be.