From Macca above: "I would be pissed off as a current boat owner if someone came to the intergalactics you guys have with a boat that cost twice mine and I was spanked by someone spending $$ rather than wanting to compete in fair and fun racing. Tell me how the class gains from such a situation?"

Macca, I don't see this as a realistic threat or a reason to carry weight by bringing the rule up to the heaviest boats. What I do see as a threat to the class is Professional cat racers, non-owners, showing up with free, new, factory boats, brand new sails, brand new everything, and racing against guys who have to work for a living and pay for their own boats.

Perhaps instead of having to show a measurement certificate at the Intergalactics, we should require a Bill of Sale?

How about we go with what some of the mono classes have done and implement an "Owner Driver" rule? Then you wouldn't have to worry about it, would you? You could stay on your free F18 and leave us Clubber hacks alone, right?

Blade F16