Originally Posted by Tornado_ALIVE
I sold my F18 a few years ago. I am currently crewing a Tornado for a friend. When we finish building our house, we will be looking for an F16.

The arrogance belongs to a few F16 internet racers. My views are shared by some in the F16 class and many outside. There is no point discussing with someone who has their head in the sand. Take the blinkers of and have a look at the real world of catamaran racing.

You will get very little argument from anyone, there is a lack of tact from many posting on this board, and it is not limited to the F16 forum. Tim's argument, and I tend to agree, is that it is arrogant for outsiders to come in and and spout off about our class being wrong because it is different.

My view of "bliners in the REAL world of catamaran racing" is that there is a group with an unhealthy fixation, obsesing on boat weights. As if a kilo either way is going to make catmaran racing somehow magicaly equal. Not that it does not have some impact, but it is one of many factors and not the most important by far in comapring the equality of 2 boats.

I really hope you do look at the F16 when your house is complete. I still cannot understand why in the world you would want to buy a new boat that you would have to strap lead to though. There are min weight boats out there and several builders who can provide them, so it is not an imaginary limit, when you go to choose.

Matt