Originally Posted by ClaytonF16
Originally Posted by HJS
Clayton - Stop these ridiculous insinuating statements. The F16 association does not need this kind of garbage. If you REALLY know WHO is paying him… Just say so, otherwise SHUT UP.

So obviously YOU are comfortable with manufacturers & their representatives dishing up garbage & incinuations and dont appreciate f16 sailors standing up to them.

Could this mean you are also associatied with a manufacturer.? AHPC?

Originally Posted by HJS

It is comments like this that will damage relationships between this class and ALL manufacturers. If you want their support, then stop treating them with such disrespect.

Disrespect....hmmm....no dissappointment is more the issue. This individual claims no current backing by a manufacturer, (he is obviously curently is Aussie land), but when macca fly's back to Europe he assemblems boats for Narca, assists in the delivery of the same boats, provides customer support & gets to go racing onthe same product.

So which is the better of two evils here........disrespect or dishonesty.

The F16 class has a set of rules - if you dont like them dont play

I have to agree with HJS on this one. It is pretty disrespectful to all manufactures to throw around accusations without any support or even naming them and allowing them to defend themselves. Manufactures do what we do because we love it.

If you assume we would "employ" people to bang the drum on online forum just in aid of our cause you are absolutely wrong. That is destructive to our brand and, more importantly, the class we belong to. If we have concerns with the rules or anything regarding the running of an association we go directly to that association.

As the F16 class becomes more prestigious, we do have the serious concern of a cost blow out. We have raised this with the association and they simply do not share this concern. We are satisfied that they have weighed up the facts and made their decision accordingly. Once again, we do not have the same opinion on this issue but just as clayton said "The F16 class has a set of rules - if you dont like them dont play"... we choose to play!!!

At the risk of starting another sh!t storm I think the "constructive conversation" here is really good. I don't think there is any need for the shooting down of ideas simply due to the persons putting them forward. I like it when people have differing opinions, it gives us all an opportunity to learn.