I will be taking the risk soon. And I am defending people who have been told they are wrong (both on and off line). I did not start the $hit fight but have every right to defend and agree with someone else's comments. It is a discussuion forum isn't it?????

Can't these people defend themselves ?

Do they need a champion like you for their cause ?

Nor I did start this %^$@-fight, neither the F16 class members. Who are you accusing of wrong doing here ?

But indeed, feel free to agree and disagree with people and discuss the issues on the forum. I nor others have banned you from this forum; we stand by our initial vision and that is to counteract arguments with arguments. Neither we are required to agree with you.

However, there is one rule of common sense. It won't do much good by disagreeing with FACTS.

You may believe the use of carbon makes F16's very expensive, but when compared to other designs in the market (typically not using as much of the stuff) then the costs of F16's (even carbon ones) is not bearing this out.

Arguing that future boats that use the same materials and approaches will be much more expensive then the fully upgraded versions now is a little unhinged. Typically, technological advances grow cheaper over time.

Exactly the point that Matt McDonald of Falcon Marine is making in his interview. Are you in fact arguing that he is wrong ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRR1zCnd0uc&feature=related

I feel that at that in such a situation the other posters are justified in telling you to recognize the facts and move on.

Having said all this, if you do decide for a F16 then I'm sure we all here are happy to welcome you and wish you the best of sailing enjoyment. Disagreeing passionately does not equate to disrepecting eachother.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 03/26/10 07:05 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands