Whenever any manufacturer brings in a bunch of Pro sailors and gives them a new, free ride, the Pro's always win, that's why they are Pros.

The Pro's however do not spend money or time developing the class, they are on to the 'next big thing' which right now, in the cat world, I guess, is the F16's.

Some of the monohull classes have figured out this is not necessarily a good thing for overall class development, it just pissses off the real class members who have devoted a lot of time and money to the class, only to get butt-whipped by some pro on a free new boat, which is why some classes have gone to "Owner Driver" rules. It might be time to consider doing the same in our class.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-pro. Everything I know about cat racing I've picked up from "pro's" at one regatta or another, and I always like it when they show up and teach us how to go faster.

What bothers me is when a "Pro" shows up and tells a class what their rules should be, with zero time or money invested in the class, and then all the real owners have to...carry weight?? YGTBSM!

You don't see any of the other Pro's who have raced the F16's on here telling us how to run our class, do you?

Makes me wonder what the real motivation is for Macca and who he's really working for. Or is he looking for "work" ie. a free ride, he wants to be the "F16 World Champion" (BFD) but he's worried some 10kg. -lighter- F16 is going to stomp him on his factory sponsored free Viper or Hobie or Nacra F16?

Macca, the class rules are set, you can play by our rules or go away and sail something else, our loss...?

I agree with one of the Pros who, when asked about the weight issue after the GC, said, "It's a development class, let it develop." Raising the weight doesn't encourage better building for a lighter boat, it only dumbs it down. Cheaper? Perhaps, but "better"?

Blade F16