Keith,

You have great points, no need to re-state them here. Hobie is making a huge mistake here, it is a great opportunity for NAMSA to take the reigns and design a system that everybody will be happy with.

Ken,

As you were priveleged to hear Paul speak, did he give any insight as to what to do when 4 17s and 4 18s show up to an event? They do not constitute a class, thus are we to send them home? I was planning on taking my FX-1 to a NAHCA event or two to show those that haven't seen one and spurn some interest in it. If there is no X-class......am I racing against myself? I guess I won't be showing up to any Div 4 events now. Did he/they indicate how on earth they plan on BUILDING NAHCA (or HCA or whatever) or are they just ignoring that?

I gotta say, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen an organization do. Most businesses, when dying, do not limit their income and exposure........that equals death. I look for NAHCA to be dead in two years max....possibly one.

I think Rick has the best idea, to have NAMSA jump in and determine what the masses want. We have NAMSA events with points leading to a qualification to the NAMSA nationals or some system like that. It would take some work, but there is now a void for a lot of sailors that should be filled. I joined NAMSA last year and will be happy to re-up my membership as opposed to NAHCA, HCA or whatever.

Kip
Boise, ID
TheMightyHobie18
FX-1