I have been a lurker on this website for quite a long time, but I finally have to speak out. I can hardly believe what I am reading. Excuse me, but you all sound like a bunch of whiney crybabies. Do you understand the concept behind one-design racing? Do you expect that any kind of dinghy should be able to show up at a Laser regatta and demand to sail in an open class? Do you expect any catamaran to be able to show up at the Tuesday night A-cat racing in Bristol, RI and demand that they have an open class? Then why would you assume it is so "whine whine unfair" that the Hobie Class is now doing the same thing? Get real. Hobie is just doing what the rest of the world is already doing. Any Yacht Club can still hold an open catamaran event. Even any group of people can get together and hold an open event -- they simply can't do it as a Hobie Fleet/Division or use Hobie logos, etc. I really don't understand the big deal here. It isn't fair to blame a manufacturer for doing what all the other boat manufacturers do, and it isn't fair to blame the sailors who happen to like one-design racing.

Attached Files
28425-crying3.thm.jpg (99 downloads)