Mary you missed this press release.

WOMEN ON THE WATER CLINICS 2004

W.O.W.

Attention all women Hobie sailors!!!!

This year, as the Hobie Class Association Women's Representative, I am launching a new program called Women on the Water Clinics or W.O.W.

This is what the clinics are about. I am asking all Divisions to consider designating one regatta this season to a W.O.W. clinic. This means offering one of your best sailors, preferably a woman, to instruct a clinic before the regatta specifically for women racers. It's our hope that a brief clinic might help those women who are unsure about participating in a regatta and need a "push". Or maybe some women just need some instruction in racing rules, tactics, or how to sail. This could be an opportunity for women to develop the confidence in their sailing, therefore, lead to more participation in regattas (perhaps skipper a few!).

Every participant will receive a FREE t-shirt (they are awesome!) and a Hobie U book, all compliments of the Hobie Class Association.

It's my hope that by offering these clinics, we will promote women in sailing and racing and give women an opportunity to develop skills to become effective and confident skippers and crew. So take a look at the schedule and pick a clinic close to you! You will also find contact information to get more details about each clinic. I will be updating this schedule as more clinics are organized. Keep checking for updates!

See you on the start line!

Heather Morrison
HCA Women's Representative