As the former commodore of SEACATS and Fleet 141, I feel a little more info is necessary. Are sanctioned regattas meaning a Div 9 points regatta? Because my understanding of this would mean some kind of support from Hobie, and I can safely say that besides the website promotion by Tracie and possibly a newsletter ad(I have never been a member so I dont recieve those newsletters)we have never rec'd any Hobie money. We have rec'd the freebies(coozie, key chain, beach ball) What does Sanctioned truly mean?

Second, I run our local fleet 141 website and have the Hobie logo on it at the very top of the index page. Hobie has never given any monetary support to our club or website. Do I have to remove it in fear of violation and legal woes? Sure would be a shame for them to miss out on that free ad!
Our fleet grew out of a group of cat sailors who took it upon themselves to revive Fleet 141, and those people were not all Hobie Sailors. As commodore I fought to retain our points regatta, and I dont sail a Hobie. Now the very people I have looked out for and supported are telling me to get lost, they dont need me?
I sail an Inter 20 now, and just this week was interested in the F18, more specifically the H Tiger, but now I cant really say I could feel good about buying a Hobie, and that makes me real sad. You hear that Hobie? One potential lost sale already!

Tracie, David, Dave Lennard, Jake, I look forward to sailing with you guys again real soon, hope Div 9 makes it through this as an orginization, and hopefully a Hobie organization, but the future just doesnt look good, and again that makes me real sad.

David Mosley
www.seacats.org
www.teamseacats.com

The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?" Matthew 8:27