Sam,

Just to clarify some of the things you've posted. People should get informed about what HCA does or doesn't do by checking out nahca.org [color:"blue"] [/color] or hobieclass.com [color:"blue"] [/color] or hobiecat.com/community [color:"blue"] [/color] or geocities.com/hobietigerpages/news [color:"blue"] [/color] . You've made some statements that have no factual basis...they are just emotional responses. The issue of Hobie going back to strict one design class racing is emotional for all involved. Some will lose out while others will gain. It's the typical "can't please everyone" scenario. It's time to move forward.

Regarding Tiger changes...I suspect you do not own or sail an F18 compliant boat. Proposed Tiger/F18 changes are sent to owners via email for inputs and feedback. Some are enacted and others are rejected. The changes are part of the constantly evolving F18 class and are necessary to keep the Tiger at the cutting edge. Hobie is fully supportive of F18 racing around the world. Even Doug Skidmore, President of Hobie Cat, was pulling marks with Jack Young of Performance Catamarans at the NAF18 NA's in Pensacola last October.

Did you know that the HCA financially supports the Worlds, Continentals and regional championships (MWE, MWW, Mid Americas, NE Champs and NW Champs) for ALL Hobie classes? That this support tickles down to the weekend divisional regattas? That they support GEP, WOW and Fast'n'Fun? Have you ever attended a AGM? Have you ever cast a ballot on class motions to your fleet commodore who takes results to the division chairperson who represents YOU at the AGM for a council vote? Have you ever been an elected division chairperson or a member of the NA executive council or International executive council? I suspect not. This is the class infrastructure. It's not much different than the US Congress or Senate structure. The procedures are basically the same. All Hobie owners should get involved...it's YOUR class. Don't sit on the sidelines and complain. Let your voice be heard where it counts. Not on a forum.

Did you know of the grass roots effort by class members to resurrect production of the H17? That it will probably succeed on a limited basis?

I've been sailing and racing Hobies (16,17,18,20 and Tiger) all over the world for 28 years. I've experienced the golden years and the decline. Sailing Hobies has been a huge part of my life and will continue to do so. But I know one thing...I have TOO MUCH FUN sailing my boat and I will keep sailing it until they bury me. I've voiced my opinions and I'm done posting on forums.

Now if this damn snow will just melt.

John Bauldry
NAHCA Treasurer 2001-2003
Hobie Tiger 1317
Detroit, MI

Last edited by tigerboy; 02/05/04 02:58 PM.

Tiger Sailor