The "Hobie way of Life" is sounding more and more like a hollow phrase.

I started racing a Hobie 16 11 years ago. I have since raced 16, 18, and Tiger class in Division 4, and attended an 18 Continental. I also race in local Yacht club sponsored events, but prefer racing in the Division 4 events best, as they are the best run and organized, and were the least restrictive as regards alowing any type of boat to attend. I have enjoyed the way our division has been structured in regards to X-class boats, and would miss seeing the friends I have on the "X-Class" boats. As Paul Evenden said, Division 4 is 90-95% Hobie boats, and with the X-class on the course with us, it shows the performance differences between the different "X-Class" designs and the Hobies', but also allows one design racing.
I can understand Hobie Cats point of view, but think it might be short sighted.
I am very concerned, because the last Division 4 regatta I attended at Harrison, had most of the experienced sailors from the different fleets (16, 17, 18, 20, and Tiger) seriously discusing switching to A Class, F18, or F18HT boats.
This would make NAMSA the most attractive choice, especially if the insurance issue would be covered, meaning that one would need to have a HCA, US Sailing, and NAMSA membership to cover all the loop holes. This would deminish all of these organizations by loss of the limited number of boats, by people choosing one over the other based on the various restrictions of each organization.

I hope this doesn't erase all the good progress made last year in bringing more youth and new sailors to the Division 4 events.