Soooo....I'm a relative newbe, so maybe my voice doesn't count as much, but Sign me up for NAMSA!!! I started out on a Hobie 18 last year and really liked the boat, but sailing aside, I always had a bit of an issue with Hobie's heavy handed tactics. This just goes as solid proof that my concerns were well founded. For those (VERY few..) that seem to be defending Hobie's tactics, I really don't understand your "exclusionary" mindset. Competition amongst manufacturers can only be good for consumers. I also believe Formula and open class racing is the future, and is the right way to go. If a manufacturer (ANY of them..) cannot attract new buyers through quality products designed to meet the needs and desires of it's market and solid marketing to generate demand (which seems to be sadly missing with all of our manufacturers imho), then they deserve to lose out. Resorting to strongarm tactics is simply BAD business. While I will continue to welcome sailors on all cats, all I can say to Hobie, is "good riddance" because this is the beginning of the end for them (again imho). Again, my comment is directed at a manufaturer, not to those who choose to sail their products for a variety of very good reasons.

Let's see.....NAHCA/HCA - for Hobie's only....or....NAMSA - for ALL Cat Sailors. Simple choice for me...and to think there are "Hobie only" diehards out there who accuse "others" of being "exclusive"!!! Things that make yua go "Hmmmmm"!! Sounds like Hobie just did a good thing for NAMSA!!

See y'all on the race course....as long as it's NOT a HCA race course!!

Joe

JL N20 # 1041 "Lucille" A-cat USA 44