Matt, I want to thank you for confirming six of my seven statements.

You forgot to mention that Guest Expert programs are few and far between and you don't have to be a NAHCA member to attend.
You don't have to be a NAHCA member to attend a "Fast & Fun".
NAHCA does not publish Racing Rules on the website, of course you have to know about it first. It publishes Sailing Instructions.
We all are required to use the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing(RRS).
"Regatta support" consists of an MS Word file, "Scoring Sheet" and SI's that we can download and print out and a contact so you can BUY course stickers.
(I was on the Race Committee at the 2003 Tiger/20 NA's and we didn't need or use ANY NAHCA materials)

What is "Silly" about it? My point in this post is that NAHCA members know very little about how NAHCA is run. Most of them naievely assume that the NORTH AMERICAN H-Cat Association is actually run by and for NORTH AMERICANS.

The "Royals" took away the voting rights of individual members several years ago.
The way Rich McVeigh was "elected" hardly inspires confidence in the system.
Class rule change proposals mysteriously appear and are approved by somebody, somewhere at their own schedule.
Look how many Tiger changes have been made and how fast they were approved.

There has been testimony from several EU sailors that major EU H-boat Championships are held at regattas with X-Boats in violation of the PU edict.
Why did the edict not include the EU? Aus? the World?
Why did it take THREE MONTHS for the two letters to get from Rich McVeigh to the members?
They intentionally waited until now in order to screw up our 2004 scheduling.

"They listen to what people say and make their own decisions based on what they hear."
EXACTLY! They talk to a small group and hand down edicts. They can base their decisions on whatever they want.

"Not the best diplomat", "demanding and uncompromising", that is a pretty good description of someone who thinks he is "royalty".
You are right about one thing, you will definitly get an argument from alot of people about who is the best PRO.

If you know anyone working the 2004 Tiger/20/17 NA's, get them to tell you why PU refused to allow the H-18's to join.

P.S. Save the "Oh I am offended" religious guilt for someone who cares.

Monsterkitty,
NAHCA has banned Open Class racing from NAHCA/Division/Fleet events.
If you allow an Open Class at your event it will not be NAHCA sanctioned.
I can't imagine NAHCA allowing W.O.W. or Guest Expert at any non-NAHCA events.

Tigerboy,
I am glad you agree with me too, but not just people on this forum.
AS I SAID, the majority of H-boat owners and NAHCA members are poorly informed.
Do you have a helpful solution or is there nothing in your brain to engage.

P.S. Anons should stay on the old forum.