Division 12 shouldn't be effected much. Out of 7 points regattas last year 4 were run by open clubs. Out remaining 3 regattas one may not happen, a non-Hobie sailor is running one and my parents are scheduled to provide the committee boat. They won't do so it if my brother and I are excluded and the last one will be OK without us. On a side note my parents have donated their time and all of the gas to get to the site at about $400 per year to support a Hobie fleet we are a not even members of. I personally resigned as Vice Chair and my wife who is the Treasurer may do the same. Our commodore was blindsided by this whole thing. He found out when people started calling him. A special meeting is in the planning stage and we will find out what sides of the fence people are on. Many sailors have been playing both sides of the fence. We have had offers to sail the bigger regattas much like the 18hts have but have been more loyal to our local fleets. We will become stronger due to sailing outside the Hobie bubble. Inside the bubble it is hard to attract new sailors because you just sail in your bubble. I had a sailor track me down after watching us fly past him while he sat on the rail of a 48' lead sled. He is buying an I20. If we hadn't been sailing in a mixed fleet he would have never had been aware we even existed.
In closing I wish them well rebuilding the division and fleets in this new era. Having been division commodore, run events and fleets, it will take more than the 20 sailors I estimate they will have left. I look forward to meeting new people. All sailors will be welcome as always. This are my personal views.