After following many of the fine posts on this and other related threads, I'd like to take a moment and apologize for letting my emotions get the best of my earlier comments!! I would also like to re-emphasize that my frustrations (and associated comments) were directed at the Hobie Corporation...and DEFINITELY NOT towards anyone choosing to sail a Hobie...It would be ludicrous for any of us to alienate ourselves from each other purely on the basis of what boat we choose to sail...we are a relatively small community of interest and need to work together as an entire community to promote this sport that we enjoy so much for the benefit of all!! Having said that, I second the motion that this could actually be the best thing that could have happened for us as Catamran sailors in that it does afford us an excellent motivation and opportunity to get a larger more inclusive organization (NAMSA???) off the ground....and I think that can only be good for Cat Sailing.

This weekend many of us from around the Midwest will be in Chicago with the HCA Div 10 Commodore, Jeff Rabidoux(who has publicly stated a desire to promote Catamaran sailing in all it's glorious forms...)and I look forward to very constructive debate on how we can use this opportunity to further Cat sailing for all of us!!!

Now.....can someone please hand me a tissue...sniff, sniff....
(AND..btw..I am NOT from the SouthEast...and I DO still own and sail my Hobie 18!!)

Joe

JL N20 # 1041 "Lucille" A-cat USA 44