Matt

Thanks for the info on the NAHCA. I believe Nigel volunteered to host the Mid Winters East and the NAHCA said he could if it was Hobie only and I think he declined. I believe they then offered to pay Key sailing (a Hobie/Preformance Dealer) to host it.

As far as the financials from SF I don't believe it is a Nahca event and does not have members. The event is put on by Nigel and his friends that love sailing and racing.

I think you should consider coming to SF instead of MWE just because it is closer and cheaper than going to FL. for you and should have just as competive of a H16 class.

I have been a member of NAHCA since 1999(I think) and I do not remember ever seeing a Budget or a vote ballot in a NAHCA news letter.

Hobiezealot

I don't hate Hobies I have owned five of them, I just don't agree with the new NAHCA policy and that as members we don't have a say. I also believe in one design racing and think that both can be sailed at the same event. Look at Key west race week they had 3000 sailors and a lot of different classes of different brands of boats. It looked to me like there was a lot of one design racing.

I also posted my name unlike you