I dont know about everyone else, but having just started racing this past season here in michigan and only have CRAM around has hurt me i feel. I sail a Hobie 16 and dont have the money to buy a new boat or a newer one. Also during this past year, Fleet 276 is being rebuilt to provide some options for racing.

From what I have read and understand, NAHCA deceided to let in other boats 10 years ago, and during that time in Michigan, I understand that Cram used to be almost all Hobie's, now it is mostly Nacras and Intra's. Very few Hobie's show up to there events, and when one does, there is no other boats for that person to race against and to learn from. Yes there might be former Hobie sailors there, but that does not help new people to learn from watching.

Being new to the Race scene, I believe that this might be a good thing to help rebuild fleets in Division 10 and everywhere else that have been decemated over the past 10 years. I actually enjoyed being able to race every week with the local fleet and learn some new things from the more experianced sailors in the group, and I beleive that all new sailors would like to have that kind of support and groups like CRAM really dont provide that kind of support.

A couple of other things that I think people may not have taken into account, is some people dont like to travel or cant afford to travel every weekend or other weekend to regattas located in different locations.
As you know, the cost of travelling to regattas can be expensive; food, hotel or camp grounds, regatta fees, fuel, and were and tear on the tow vehical and trailer.

Mark Colby
1973 Hobie 16