Originally Posted by hobie18rich
Show up at the Nacra (Performance) North Americans and se if you can race with an aftermarket sail or rudder. The I-20's can't even use a different sail for Tybee.
They are welcome but only as a one design boat. So the sailors are welcome, The boats are welcome, The changes aren't welcome.

That's true, but it's an apples and oranges comparison. You're more likely to make a better comparison using the Nacra 6.0 NE (New England) where the New England group developed a rule using spinnakers outside of the Nacra 6.0NA rules. I do believe they were allowed to participate at the Nacra NA's in their own developed configuration.

The reason the N20 comparison doesn't work is because there hasn't been an upswell of owners who created their own racing rules and developed the class on their own. These Wave guys and girls made that whole class racing thing happen - and I believe there was HCA resistance to racing waves (or at least putting tighter control on sail shapes and sizes so the class could compete on a relatively even playing field with the stock equipment) at the time which sorta led to the sailors developing their own thing.

Havamega is Hobie turf and they certainly have the right to do what they want, but I can see why a few folks are steamed at the decision. Why NOT allow Wave racing under IWCA rules?

Jake Kohl