Originally Posted by HMurphey
Gentleman,

Jeremy, I'll ask the question that nobody whats to hear or answer about the IHCA's biggest policy ... has the IHCA's policy of "Hobie Only" been a success??? Has Hobie sold more boats?

We get around 40 Hobie one-design boats here at every regatta in div 3, the aclass races with the yacht club, the F18 guys in so-cal race with the ABYC,the Performance guys sail off the beach right by my shop with no inclination to race, so everybody is taken care of. I understand that it's different in other parts of the country, but that's how it is here. You rarely hear people from the West Coast complain about the rule, we're all out sailing what ever it is that we sail. If sailing is what you want, there are so many opportunities out there you just have to go find them, or develop them like I am currently doing with the SCYC here locally.

The edict? I'm personally indifferent. It just seems like another thing for people to complain about instead of using the effort to get out on the water and sail. We're about what, 5 years after the fact? It's time to stop the banter and get out there and race if that's what you want to do. If not, just stop the negativity, there's no reason to take everyone down that road with every other post.

For the record:
The motive for this thread is obvious. It was started by someone that has no vested interest in the Havamega or the Wave class, or even sailing Hobies for that matter. Most of the negativity is continued by someone that sails an F16, then furthered by someone that has interest in getting more 16s up to CORK and poopooing the Havamega 16 fleet for personal reasons. I count only one Wave sailor post. Then the thread is finished off by the old anti-edict guard. Nice. I hope everyone can read into the posts here a little bit and see the real agendas.

I hope that the critics here get a taste of their own medicine if they're ever a regatta chair for an event. You're just taking the wind out of the sails of a handful of great volunteers that are trying to do their best for the sport and in particular the Havamega. Very uncool.

J