Originally Posted by dave mosley
On the right coast, the Yacht clubs have welcomed us as well, its only Hobie that does not accept us. I dont mean to slam anyone with that statement, nor am I trying to rehash the whole bad blood thing, but as I read your post about monohulls and being accepted, it donged on me where the acceptance and denial fell.
Most of us have joined Yacht Clubs and brought that Catamaran enthusiasm which breathed new life into the whole club. The monohullers are not only tolerant, but appreciative that we have come to help them with thier regatta's and brought new regatta's to their club. There are still some monohull purists out there, but we are winning them over slowly but surely.
Dave, how true and all the best to any class that has realized, and is pursuing, this avenue...it's working in middle america as well. smile

IMO, the Hobie 16 Class Association of North America may some day morph into the Hobie 16 & Wildcat CANA, but that will do little more than provide more events for Wildcat teams to race. The F18 class will never be brought "into the fold".

John H16, H14