Originally Posted by mbounds

And to be fair to the IHCA, they offered to waive the rules regarding non-stock rudders and sails "if the sails fit within the perimeter of the stock Hobie sail", using the measurement procedure outlined in the IHCA class rules (5 random stock sails used to determine min / max dimensions).

This is the very thing that pisses me off about todays boat manufacturers. They have totaly forgoten about the customer, the one who pays the bill. How can you call anything one design where the measurement is taken by using the average of 5 different sails? Where is the quality of not only the tolerance but the material itself? If I owned a new spinaker and was doing a race up the coast that I was spending thousands of dollars to do not to mention the time off of work and my spinaker came apart, I would go balistic. When the Hobie Tiger went up to 19k because of the exchange rate, why did the infusion go up as well even though it is built here in the states? Why does a Nacra 20 mast cost 11k when a far better spar can be made for under 5? Actually I know the answer to that one. So they can change to mast to aluminum and claim it is to keep cost down. This is why I would never buy a new boat from Nacra or Hobie. They play these little games at our expense and just what do we get in return. I disagree with the parts arguement. I have found that aside from the hulls themselves that almost all of the parts are from a subvendor. But if you buy it directly from the sub you are no longer class legal even though they make the same part for the manufacturer. And as for regatta support I don't see that either. Hobie has disowned our little fleet 8 just because we won't exlude non hobie boats. I guess they would rather watch the sport die due to lack of participation then allow their boats to compete against a different brand. Just seems as much as we spend on our boats we should be treated a little more like the reason they are in business. Enough with my rant, I am sure I will eat crow over it later.

Collin Casey
Infusion Platform + C2 rig and rags = one fast cookie