Harry, I've re-read your prior response to Pat several times, and still don't see how you don't see that as offensive, but I'm willing to take your word for it. I only responded to your posts with countering facts, and got irritated when it appeared that you were attacking volunteers.

Your last post is full of even more erroneous information. Here are some corrections:

I bought my first Hobie Cat in 1990 while in college. Started racing in 1996, bought my first new boat in 1997, now I'm on my third new one.

Since you took the time to ask around about Pat AFTER you started laying into him, perhaps you should do the same for me. I'll bet you a beer that I've been more involved in Hobie class management since 1997 than you have since 1982, so I'm not sure where you're trying to go with that gem.

I'm Irish too, not sure what type, but again, probably not a point worth discussing.

I personally agree with the HCA policies and class rules. I also stand by what I said, if someone invents a better mousetrap, I'm happy for them. It doesn't affect me an iota, I'm not paid for any of this either.

Here is an exact quote from my reply on Oct 3, 2008 when we started formally discussing this:

"So, if allowing these non-Hobie parts for this event results in a huge Wave turnout, and lots of the Waves are there just because they were able to use whatever cloth they have available, call it a victory, and consider moving to have the IHCA Wave class rules changed permanently afterwards (for points regattas, etc.)."

More fun facts... In the intervening years when you decided not to renew your membership, several HCA AGMs were held at events OTHER than the H16 NAs.

I'm ready for your apology.

Mike

Last edited by brucat; 06/04/09 09:52 PM.