Wow! My issue with SMOD is not shapes or quality of equipment, but rather the inconsistency with what should be consistant. Cost is another factor as being experienced by N20 guys. My issue with Hobie is there abandonment of Fleet 8 when we opened up the racing to all makes under portsmouth. I race an SX, there is only one other that shows up with any consistency. With the F18's making their own class I need the I20's to have someone to race against. Despite our disownment, Hobie did throw down cash when we hosted the F18 NA's in 2007. They also spoke directly with me on the phone when I was converting my SX to use a Tiger mast so that I could dump the comptip that was ready to explode. They told me it wouldn't work, but they also told me to buy Hobie 20 parts versus Tiger parts and save money.

But, the name calling, and slandering of sponsors, and slandering of the Regatta Chair, is absolutely unacceptable. As the Chair for 07 F18NA's comments like that would have definately caused me to never VOLUNTEER again. If you don't like the way something is run, get off your a$$ and run it yourself. But do not ever slander someone in public who is VOLUNTEERING their time so that others can race. Doing so not only discourges that person from VOLUNTEERING again, but it will scare of other potential volunteers and racers alike, especially the new guys on the block.

Collin Casey
Infusion Platform + C2 rig and rags = one fast cookie