The latter part of this thread appears to be a debate about HCC factory sails against other lofts, rather than the original discussion, which some might object to, but it kind of gets to the heart of the IWCA vs. IHCA question. That's OK I guess, but it makes me realize how sweet a deal it is to be in a strict one-design format. My experience with strict One-Design is that it inspires humility, challenges in a very pure fashion a skippers technical and tactical skills on the course. I also like that I can stiff my H16 up, have a new set of sails, and be very competitive. Even better, I'm finding that the skippers that bought new boats this year are about in the same place on the course around me as they have been in the past, even though my boat is 4 years old and has been showing signs of fatigue for a couple of years. Also, I've observed that in this sport you have lots of different types of cat sailors --recreational, OD racing, Portsmouth racing and hotshots who want the fastest thing they can find, etc., etc. In racing, I find the most respect and commaraderie amongst the OD racers, and the reward of finishing well far more rewarding. Nevertheless, in every way I think that, in general, catamaran sailing is the best place to be. A really great group of people. Thanks for the fun!