Matt,

Some observations first ... and then some philosophy

First, So the "Waves" are welcome .... then WHY are they not showing up? You may think they know they are welcome but the facts indicate differently. Something is "Not Working" for the Wave owners.

Secondly, The IHCA commitee has six members ... three work directly for a "Hobie Factory" ... the fourth (Jeff Alter) is tied directly financially to the "Hobie Factory" .... I believe (if I've done my math correctly) that is a 2/3 voting majority. And, where's the HCA-NA's "Member at Large" .... don't we rate????

It is a fact that many Hobie competitors on H16's and TheMightyHobie18's would take their new "Hobie Factory" sails and have them "Re-Cut" in the 80's and 90's. I believe Elliot-Patterson was one of the lofts doing this at the time. But since there was a "Hobie Factory" sailmakers patch (Actually "West Coast Catamaran") the sails were considered "class legal" and everyone "winked" at these sails at the time.

Also, My experiences have been largely IDENTICAL to Mr Casey Collins observations/experiences.

Now for some Philosophy:

There has been a theory put forth about the intelligence of a group of "average Joe's" vs a panel of "experts". It states that a group of 50 "average Joe's" will arrive at a correct solution a greater percentage of times vs the panel of "experts" (by a large margin in fact)

Secondly, I believe in "self-determination" ... or at least having some say/input in those that DO determine my fate. So when are the elections for the IHCA Commitee??? In fact, who picked these guys and "made them boss"??? In my opinion the IHCA commitee has made some decisions that have been proven to be extremely detramental for the overall long term health of our sport.

Matt, you are trying to defend a indefencable position my friend, analysis of longterm trends like HCA-NA membership and regatta attendence will show you this. The "same ol', same ol'" that the IHCA is promoting is not working. And sticking "one's head into the sand" is not going to work .... The IHCA must change (and soon) or the HCA-NA will soon perish.

I'll close w/ this point .... it is BECAUSE we care (alot) that people like Mr Casey Collins and myself "stick our necks out" and voice our opinions and try to instigate "change" .....

Harry Murphey