To All, I have read every post this evening. Sorry, but I'm slammed and spend little time on forums of late. I'd like to thank everyone who presented positive input on this issue as it has been an object of at least moderate stress for me the past month or so. Your words have been a great comfort. Anyone who was venting in negative tone, I can only say that while I don't sympathize entirely, I do understand the angst that exists over One Design Policy. Perhaps H1616 said it best with 'No good deed goes unpunished'. I will comment that the name of this thread is the most disheartening of all, as I never extended a "UNINVITED" notice to anyone. I truly want everyone to come! We are working feverishly to put together the biggest Cat party anyone could possibly imagine. Anyone who has changed their plans will be missing it, and it pains me no end to read that.

If you must know the real gist of this, it is that rules do matter. Yes, an official 'protest' of this event was brandished because of our decision to use the IWCA rules. That potentiality was viable at least amongst the powers that be. This would have been catastrophic for HAVAMEGA. If you want to send a message to the person or persons who made that threat, then come and participate anyway, regardless of your interests. I can assure you, we will roll out the red carpet for you. Lake Havasu City is ready and prepared to make this the most incredibly fun event you've seen in a great many years.

Yes, we'll race, but it is all about the party, and hangin' out with the whole catamaran community.

I consider this forum thread to have been one of the most enlightening and informative conversations amongst cat sailors to date. Thanks to Rick White for getting the ball rolling. Our communications have been very friendly, and I'm hoping to meet him at our event. He has a good understanding of what transpired, and has done his best to convey the recent developements. What a class act.

Let not your heart be troubled. We are on course, even through this bump in the road. If you all saw the results of the 'Dana Point 40th Anniversary Regatta', with over 100 boats on the beach, then as has been said so many times, "You ain't seen nothin' yet". Please feel free to contact me anytime about your questions and concerns about HAVAMEGA at gnbii@msn.com. I get over 50 emails a day about it, and it's an object of serious emotional attachment. That is why this particular issue has been so very difficult. Please, if you've changed your mind about coming, for your own pleasure, I'd ask humbly that you reconsider.

Thank you kindly for all of your efforts in promoting catamaran racing, which I consider 'The Best Place In All Of Sailing',

-Gordo Bagley, HAVAMEGA Regatta Chaiman, see havamega.com