Ok, I guess I will get myself in some real hot water now.
When IHCA sent down their Hobie only enforcement to the HCA, part of the plan was to implement a national scoring system for each class. You earned points by attending Hobie only events.
If you ranked in the top 35 in the 16 class you were invited to the supplied boat Nationals in Ventura. This was thought to be a three year program at that time. It turned out to be one year. This ranking system also helps qualify people to attend the Worlds run by IHCA.
So the ranking system doesn't really do much anymore. The good guys can still go and qualify even if IHCA doesn't give us any spots(I Think).
So where I'm going is, HCA does need to keep it's eyes open to what is going on all over the country. I know Chris is not clueless and does see what's happening.
We could be the HCA with the primary objective to promote Hobie sailing and an overall objective to promote Catamaran sailing. I know I have posted things like this before, Why not explore inviting A cats, Sharks, all F18's to a Hobie regatta on a trial basis and see how we do. The pre-qualified spots at the Worlds might be put in jeopardy,but is that more important than the overall health of the sport and ultimately our organization?
I think we could certainly use guys like Trey, Jake, Rick and many more on the same team.

Ok Mike, I will turn in my cards now. I did plan on retiring anyway after my highest finish ever at a Madcatter.

Pat Bisesi Fleet 204