Spent the day down at Sail Sand Point, www.sailsandpoint.org working on our Waves and H-16's. Can not believe this thread is still dragging on. Finally got my Cat Sailor in the mail, it takes a little longer to make it to the NW. Excellent Editorial by Rick, and contrite letter from Gordo. Both have done extensive things for our sport. Rick has even brought his excellent program to the NW several times to teach us how to race. Gordo, has participated in many local regattas, and always picks up a local youth to crew. Gordo also tried to get us to take our six Waves down to Havasu, before he struck the deal with Hobie Cat. It was just too far, plus our local youth sailors can not take off the time from school.

But, this is a HCA event, and the HCA rules should apply. Rick has done a great job of building the IWCA, and turning the Wave into a race class that attracts sailors of all ages and experience. The HCA Wave Class is primarly to encourage Youth Sailors, and to build the future Cat Sailors.

Jeremy, who has a lot invested in this Regatta is still waiting for an answer. Sounds like there will be plenty of Charter boats. Certainly a great way to take part with a level playing field. Just like a Hobie Worlds, or other events with all new boats.

Which brings me back to some other thoughts on Hobie Cat Co, their dealers and HCA. Since I have been racing,volunteering, and other wise observing this group since 1971, perhaps I can offer some additional prospective. Thru all the ups and downs of their business, Hobie Cat and their dealers have always supported our local Hobie Cat Fleets and their events.

Our Boat Storage/Access yard at Sail Sand Point is full of other Cats, that have not supported their Fleets and now are members of the Dead Boat Society.

Sorry Rhodysail, but I can not agree with your objections. A Class must have the full support from the Manufacturer, Dealers, and Class Association to survive. We will never make it to the Olympic level, but there must be a corporative arrangement to allow our classes to survive.

And to Hobie1616 re your "I've still got the $500 waiting for Nothing but Nets" We will continue our Free Fast and Fun programs, http://www.ussailing.org/multihull/fast&fun.htm Next ones, Kirkland on June 20 and Mercer Island June 21. As a non profit, we will not ask for money on our free outreach programs to raise money for other groups.
We will however, glady accept donations to help grow our programs and scholarships.

Lastly, Stephen C. "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" Could that be a reference to our North Americans at Harrison last year? Perhaps on the last race when the Squall blew thru?

Caleb Tarleton