Somebody keeps asking for people that are not going to attend because of the change back to Hobie rules so I would like to say I am one of them. I can honestly say our whole fleet is not going to attend but do not want to speak for anyone but myself.
I race a wave with a North sail and think it is a much better system than trying to keep everything stock. The boat sails much better with the North as the stock is really flat. That is my opinion and points out the need for different cuts as some other sailor might find flat sails to there liking. As for the rudders they are all EPOS which are Hobie stock and nothing else has been changed on the boat. Most thriving one deign classes have this format. Example the Thistles. Not changed for over a half century except for the measured sails from any sail maker and have a hundred boats at nationals every year with some of the best sailors around. In my opinion different sails makes the racing closer than farther apart. Every sailors sails different some like to foot some like to pinch but all like to go fast and need to find a sail that works for them.
This discussion is needed but it is also getting way out of hand. We are all sailors looking to compete have fun and race catamarans.
I wish the event tremendous success, the people who race in it fun and safety, and for the sport of catamaran sailing to grow from it.
I myself know that I will miss not being there but will be somewhere else with my friends chasing them around A mark as close as could be.

Patrick Green Stock Hobie wave #11 North sail...