Matt,

So the Hobie Wave was introduced in 1995 .... that means 14years (four additional years) of the NAHCA/HCA-NA not allowing "Waves" to come to a Hobie event. How does this help your argument/position???

It appears obvious to me that the IHCA rules are not working for the large majority of "Wave" competitors. Please explain to me how a 200lb competitor can compete w/ a 130lb competitor on a boat w/ minimal sailplan adjustments using the same size/cut sails. That is EXACTLY the same reason I sold my H16 and purchased a TheMightyHobie18 ... I was 225lbs at the time and generally competing on my H16 at a crew wieght of +360lbs .... in "heavy air" I could do ok ... in light air I was smoked ... can we say DFL!!!!!

So I can understand and agree w/ the IWCA's rule of varying the allowed sail area by crew wieght ... it is the same idea as the F18 class uses currently.

I do not agree w/ stupidity for stupids sake ... the boatowners should be able to determine their class rules that they wish too race under ... not some distant group that is in the pocket of the manufacture who wishes to ring out and controll every last penny spent by boatowners on their boat.

And there is nothing saying that the Hobie Factory can not make different size sails for different "Wave" crew wieghts.... except the "Hobie Factory" who (most likely)doesn't want to inventory several different sized sails for the Wave.

This is very similiar position to that of the Hobie Factory on another issue, as they will not produce and inventory a medium blue tramp for the TheMightyHobie18 which is the most popular color tramp ever on a TheMightyHobie18. (but they do produce medium blue tramps for other boats so they have the material availible) I was personally told by Matt Miller that he needed to reduce inventory costs and it doesn't matter what I, the customer wants. For twenty-five years I've worked hard to keep my boat looking good and now because of IHCA rules I'm being forced to purchase and install a tramp to remain "Class Legal" which color I absolutely ABHORE, does not match my Magnum wing covers and makes my boat look like a mis-matched "POS" in my opinion. And "Hobie" no longer makes Magnum Wing covers in ANY color at all ... so what are my options I ask????

So I have plenty of evidence that IHCA and the "Hobie Factory" will not and do not listen to the boatowners and customers .... they just do what they want to do ... and we have to live w/ it ... this is just driving more and more people away from the HCA-NA and "Hobiedom" who take their time, $$$$'s and interest and do something else. So we need to be listening to the boatowners since that is where the ideas and $$$$'s will come from, not the IHCA.

So keep on waving that "Hobie One-Design" flag per IHCA rules and see where it gets the HCA-NA ....

Harry Murphey