Originally Posted by brucat

The problem comes in when people don't get their way and instead of letting it go or working to improve it over time, hold a huge grudge and rub it in the faces of those who are doing the work...

I think HC is the one with the grudge and not helping. In the old division 9 now EMSA we have not really changed. We still have most of the same regattas put on by the same hard workers and most of the same sailors. The only real difference is we don't get any support from HC and we don't call them Hobie Regattas, but all cats are welcome. If five of the same class Hobie's show up they get there own start. I just don't get why HC has a problem with this. You are racing od if you get five of the same boat Hobie or whatever. If you don't have five of your same class you go into the open class same as if I went to a Hobie only regatta and was the only one of my class. The sailors spend all the time and money putting on the regatta and we used to call it Hobie regatta. It was free advertising for HC done at the expense of sailors that love the sport and want to see it grow.

Why don't you race the Waves together with the two different set of rules and score them together and separate to see if the different sails make a difference and call it a one time test. Maybe then everyone would be happy. The wave is a Hobie I think.