Dear Pat,

After a long and pleasent conversation w/ someone I repect immencely I will apologize if I upset you .... that was not my intention. I have friends in common w/ you and they speak highly of your committment and passion. And I had a absolutely outstanding experience at the 2007 TheMightyHobie18/H17 North Americans. But the experiences I've had here in Div11 have been markedly different then yours in Div16. I would like to recommend that you carefully read Miss Tami's, Mr David Lennard's and Mr Mosely's posts and ask yourself a simple question ... why have these people chosen to leave or never join Hobiedom??? Talking among the "Hobie Believers" will not give you solutions/answers to the issues. (It's similiar to have someone else read your termpaper for spelling mistakes)

Just a thought, are you upset w/ me because I am a HCA-NA member???

Now I spent 5-6 years studing Mech Eng at Drexel University, learning to use "scientific methods" to analyse problems and reach the proper conclusions. Now everyone's experiences can be different and therefore everyone can reach different conclusions ..... it doesn't mean everyone else is wrong though.

Now for Mike/Brucat,

You have been excellent as the membership chairperson in increasing the HCA-NA's membership but ..... your statement that I do not really care and I do not think or get my facts correct .... well I do take that personally. I quess I shouldn't personally have joined RHYC so we could have a "Hobie Points Regatta" since Fleet 54 is having big issues on paying the insurance coverage for races on the Chesapeake Bay, or loading my Gravely Tractor into my F150, drive two hours and mow/trim the RHYC Yacht Club's 7-8 acre's of grass, or ask the "Board" personally so they agree to host a H14 Class Start .... or host a Hobie Points Regatta when I'm the only Hobie member at the Yacht Club. (It woulds cost the Div approximently +$1000 /weekend additionally to rent the club and the facilities not including the actual regatta fee's if I were not a member. Devide that by 30-35 boats and tell me how much I'm saving the Div11 sailors each by my paying $425.00/yr for membership)and working my butt off. Nowhere in my posts did I use vulgar language, insult or call people names ... I only stated my opinions that have been developed from my personal experiences since I started sailing "Beach Cats" in 1982/83. (And when did you start sailing/racing Hobies? ... 1998???)

Now I'm asking you politely not to insult me PERSONALLY ... I am 3/4 Scotch-Irish, 1/4 German and all CELT!!! You remember the Celt's ... they were the guys who would strip naked ... paint their bodies blue ... pick-up a "Claymore Sword" and charge you screaming at the top of their lungs, while hacking you to pieces.

So you can disagree w/ me but, keep on making personal attacks on this "bear" .... and you WILL NOT enjoy the response as I will be brutal, vicious and direct .... Let's take your last post for example: "If it becomes more sucessful the the Hobie Cat Regatta's in the rest of the country, more power to you"

Now we are talking about Wave's racing, so let's compare Apples to Apples should we .... as mentioned earlier in this thread there have been 4-5 Waves that have appeared at HCA-NA events and raced under IHCA rules ... while the IWCA event in Florida last December attracked approximently 20 competitors that raced under IWCA rules and there is more events in this year before December.

Hmmmmmmmmm .....

Your words .... "more power to you ....." So you support the IWCA rules I would quess ... or do you want to change your rules ?????

The reason I dropped out of the NAHCA after being one of the early members .... We, the TheMightyHobie18 Class sailors had submitted some minor rule changes for the TheMightyHobie18 Class ... they were voted on and turned down at the Annual Meeting which was held at the H16 NA's .... THERE WASN"T A SINGLE TheMightyHobie18 SAILOR (in all likelyhood) IN ATTENDENCE!!!!! Here's an idea, let's hold the meeting at the different NA Championships on alternating years. (Do you think the reason I maybe misinformed on the IHCA selection process is since it has only been held at H16 events????? and I race TheMightyHobie18's .... daaaaaaaaa????)

And how are you promoting "membership" by personally attacking HCA-NA members because of their various views that don't align w/ yours?????

Harry Murphey
TheMightyHobie18/ Fleet 54/Div11
P19MX/ CRAC/Open Class