I plan to go and sail a "stock" charter boat. Personally, I'm happy that some guy is not coming with a jacked up Wave, custom sails and custom rudders.

Yes, I work for Hobie Cat and I also have a personal, vested interest in the Wave because I was involved with the design and did much of the test sailing on this boat. I have NEVER felt it was good to open up the rules on this boat. It is a simple boat and sails very well with a variety of weights... stock. Custom sails are NOT needed and putting glass rudders on this boat is just silly.

Interesting Matt. So can you tell us how many changes were made to the wave by Hobie since it was introduced (tramp, ect.) I have heard some things aren't interchangable on earlier models.
So can I race my 21se at the Havamega? I remember being told when trying to Pre-register for Mid Winters once that I couldn't race since there were no other 21se's comming in 2002. I guess they didn't consider it a Hobie anymore. I was on the list to come race on an FX1 but all this has brought up some familiar feelings for me about Hobie Class Racing and the politics. Then to hear about the drama with a certain team not being able to bring some boats to race in the Tybee (which isn't HCA anyway) because Hobie USA was sqwakin' about it. So in response to Jeremy's direct question, I won't be comming. If Hobie US ever gets a dime from me again, it will most likely be to get parts for a Hobie Europe boat.
Have a Hobie Day!

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.