Cowardice? Intersting choice of words. Wimping out? I don't think that's the case either. All I saw going forward after the pressure started, was ways to alienate and irritate the only Wave Racers on the planet. Everyone has their opinion. I get the One design speech every 10 minutes from someone. I actually had someone say to me that I was fragmenting the 14 class by pursuing the Wave initives. Hello??
I got an email from a guy that said its not fair for someone to have aftermarket, high tech parts on his boat when his is completely stock. I got an email from a guy that said its not fair for his 250lbs self to race against a 110lb kid with the same sail, when he can have a fuller sail make to compensate for the weight difference and make the race more fair (with no weight min needed on the Wave)
So, what is the right answer? What do we do? Lots of people pissing all over this (et tu, Bobby?) But I have yet to hear anyone say anything really positive or helpful in trying to figure a way to grow our sport and make it more accomdating to our aging, recession battered masses. I am of the opinion that the poison was better than the cure in the case of HavaMega and all the BS that would ensue. Seriously, all this ****, and how many IWCA boats would really have shown up anyway? What, 50? Come on.