I'm currently making the daggerboard case. This should have been done and installed before the main hull halves were joined
but I wanted to experiment with the cabin space before committing to the dagger board.
Having mocked up the inside with both the C/B and D/B I have decided the space actually feels more open with the D/B.
Go figure as I really didn't think this would be the outcome.

So I have made the D/B mould and made both sides. Weighing all that went in and out I got a 43% resin content.
The weight of the stbd side is 3.8kg and the port side came out at 4.2kg.
The port side is a little heavier because of the extra glass that goes into it to reinforce the channel for the pull up/down lines.
Below are pics of the port side just before and just after demoulding.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files
db before demoulding.jpg (1007 downloads)
db demoulded1.jpg (1019 downloads)
Last edited by phill; 02/19/15 09:17 PM.

I know that the voices in my head aint real,
but they have some pretty good ideas.
There is no such thing as a quick fix and I've never had free lunch!