Before putting the right way up for the rest of the project I thought it prudent to double check that the D/B still fitted without problm. Good thing because I found that fairing compound had gone into the case right at D/B the trailing edge. IT was easy to remove in this position and now the D/B is running just right.

[Linked Image]

I used 1/2 inch thick felt to temporarily line the cradle just because I had it available. It will eventually be used to make cases for the rudder and D/B.

[Linked Image]


Once in the cradle Mark came around with some templates he cut for me on his CNC machine when he cut my windows. The templates were to make a 6mm rebate so the windows will be flush when fitted. I made the cabin side 16mm thick to allow for this. I'll vacuum 3 layers of 200gm glass around the edge before the hole for the window is cut.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files
db final check.jpg (514 downloads)
landed in cradle.jpg (525 downloads)
window rebate.jpg (541 downloads)
Last edited by phill; 03/12/16 05:04 AM.

I know that the voices in my head aint real,
but they have some pretty good ideas.
There is no such thing as a quick fix and I've never had free lunch!